PMS ERASMUS PLUS (PMSE+)
Education for a better ENVIRONMENT
The course will focus on how to develop a real environment consciousness at schools and how to improve and implement ecologist thinking and environment care in the classroom, how to empower the children in order to fight climate change, adapt healthy and respectful planet habits in their daily life as well as show them how to implement those in their communities. You will learn and practice several activities, indoor and outdoor, acquiring concrete skills and materials needed in order to develop capacities, skills and thoughts able to fight, as citizens, the illness that is affecting to our planet.
The aim of this course is to educate better children today who will generate a better citizenship of tomorrow. As well as achieve Belgrade Charter on Environmental Education goals. Such as:
- Collaborate with the educational community so that they acquire greater sensitivity, environmental awareness and associated issues.
- Help to acquire a basic understanding of the environment, the presence and participation of the community in it and its problems, to generate a critical responsibility.
- Acquire social values and interest in the environment, so that they actively participate in their protection, conservation and improvement.
- Acquire skills to solve environmental problems.
- Develop a sense of responsibility and awareness of problems in the environment in general and the environment in particular, so as to ensure the adoption of appropriate measures.
One of the strengths of the Course lies in their several practical activities and the amount of material that every teacher will carry out back to their country. Not only as material, also as critical thinking of human beings who will play a very important role in their communities new generations of men and women.
The course is aimed for teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff. Non-native English trainers expecting participants to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
The course methodology will have daily motivation activities, self-knowledge, self improvement, working in pairs and groups, simulations and networking not only in the classroom but also in outdoor activities. The course has been structured on practical, funny and very motivated activities. The methodology will transform every teacher in a empower version of them as a environment conscious human who cares about their pupils development but also about how to create a better and more fair society.
The course will have lectures, seminars and workshops to ensure full comprehension and every day assignment support. In addition, participants will work and receive a huge amount of documents as course’s material to implement this subject or simply to have fun with their pupils doing activities indoor and outdoor.
At the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, program and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
- Climate change: characteristics and impact
- Environment protection
- Ecologic habits
- Climate Justice
After this course you will be able of:
- Promote a model of city and society more, fair, supportive, equitable and natural.
- Promote in the educational centers a process of reflection and action oriented to development of sustainable environmental and social identity traits.
- Achieve an education for sustainable development linked to the management of the center teacher and curriculum deployment.
- Acquire holistic thinking skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviors about the use and management of the resources of the center and the environment.
- Analyze the socio-environmental school, local and global reality.
- To improve and generate better links between your pupils, their families, schools and the community as a whole
- To strengthen European collaboration among – past, present and future– participants in the course and local schools in Spain.
- To improve your English skills
- Make contacts with new partners interested in developing European Projects through specific networking activities.
The manager of the company usually welcomes participants on Sunday afternoon and gives them all the information about courses and Erasmus week. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. Moreover, participants will be able to explain their own school and Erasmus project to the rest of participants in the beginning of the week and, after that, work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even Job Shadowing. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by the company during afternoon time. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Friday or Saturday morning, depending on the participants' departure time, and the delivery of the certificates of attendance. Here you have below the standard indicative daily programme of the course.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
- Reception of all course material.
DAY 2 – MONDAY: Eco Awakening
Climate change:let's meet and face the problem
Plan your field trip
DAY 3 – TUESDAY: Field trip
Cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. Free entrance to the most visited museum of the city.
Workshop to get involved in the local environment: Trip to a special place in the country totally related with the Climate action.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY: Eco but what else?
Sustainable Development Goals
Environmental Health Impact
Food Production and environment
Best Practices for a sustainable consume
Mediterranean diet: the key for the future? - Masterchef Activity
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. PRACTICAL AND NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future eTwinning, JOB SHADOWING and/or KA2 PROJECT.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY: Eco Projects
International environmental projects
Create your own Eco project
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. CONCLUSION.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Participants departure.
CLIMATE CARES! will attend courses during 2023 in the following dates
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
From Sunday 12th February to Saturday 18th.
From Sunday 23rd April to Saturday 29th.
From Sunday 16th July to Saturday 22nd.
From Sunday 23rd July to Saturday 29th.
From Sunday 20th August to Saturday 26th.
From Sunday 15th October to Saturday 21st.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
From Sunday 2nd April to Saturday 8th.
From Sunday 9th July to Saturday 15th.
From Sunday 8th October to Saturday 14th.
FRANCE – MARTINIQUE:
From Sunday 9th April to Saturday 15th.
FRANCE – TAHITI:
From Sunday 13th August to Saturday 19th.
COST AND ERASMUS FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 560€ and includes course fees, free cultural activities in the city during the week and certification of attendance. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen the relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that covers all the costs of the course.