CLIMATE CARES! Education for a better ENVIRONMENT
The course is aimed for teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff. Non-native English trainers expecting participants to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
The course will focus on how to develop a real environment consciousness at schools and how to improve and implement ecologist thinking and environment care in the classroom, how to empower the children in order to fight climate change, adapt healthy and respectful planet habits in their daily life as well as show them how to implement those in their communities.
You will learn and practice several activities, indoor and outdoor, acquiring concrete skills and materials needed in order to develop capacities, skills and thoughts able to fight, as citizens, the illness that is affecting to our planet.
The aim of this course is to educate better children today who will generate a better citizenship of tomorrow. As well as achieve Belgrade Charter on Environmental Education goals. Such as:
- Collaborate with the educational community so that they acquire greater sensitivity, environmental awareness and associated issues.
- Help to acquire a basic understanding of the environment, the presence and participation of the community in it and its problems, to generate a critical responsibility.
- Acquire social values and interest in the environment, so that they actively participate in their protection, conservation and improvement.
- Acquire skills to solve environmental problems.
- Develop a sense of responsibility and awareness of problems in the environment in general and the environment in particular, so as to ensure the adoption of appropriate measures.
One of the strengths of the Course lies in their several practical activities and the amount of material that every teacher will carry out back to their country. Not only as material, also as critical thinking of human beings who will play a very important role in their communities new generations of men and women.
The course methodology will have daily motivation activities, self-knowledge, self improvement, working in pairs and groups, simulations and networking not only in the classroom but also in outdoor activities. The course has been structured on practical, funny and very motivated activities. The methodology will transform every teacher in a empower version of them as a environment conscious human who cares about their pupils development but also about how to create a better and more fair society.
The course will have lectures, seminars and workshops to ensure full comprehension and every day assignment support. In addition, participants will work and receive a huge amount of documents as course’s material to implement this subject or simply to have fun with their pupils doing activities indoor and outdoor.
At the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, program and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
- Climate change: characteristics and impact
- Environment protection
- Ecologic habits
- Climate Justice
After this course you will be able of:
- Promote a model of city and society more, fair, supportive, equitable and natural.
- Promote in the educational centers a process of reflection and action oriented to development of sustainable environmental and social identity traits.
- Achieve an education for sustainable development linked to the management of the center teacher and curriculum deployment.
- Acquire holistic thinking skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviors about the use and management of the resources of the center and the environment.
- Analyze the socio-environmental school, local and global reality.
- To improve and generate better links between your pupils, their families, schools and the community as a whole
- To strengthen European collaboration among – past, present and future– participants in the course and local schools in Spain.
- To improve your English skills
- Make contacts with new partners interested in developing European Projects through specific networking activities.
Generally speaking, managers of the course will receive participants on Sunday evening and give them a little brief as well as the documents needed for the course. During the week it will develop the course with funny lessons and motivated activities to do with students once each participant would be back to your school, paying attention that all participants will have the opportunity to know some new educational systems. Furthermore, participants will be involved in cultural activities during the week with all actors of different courses attended by the company. Tuesday a free cultural activity will take place in order to discover the city. Moreover, on Thursday all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to all participants and work al together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy an optional package activity where you would be able to know more about the city where the course takes place. On Friday, and after all participants have received all knowledge of the course and in order to finish this great week, participants could join an optional lunch or dinner, it depends on the city. As last day of this week but not for the awesome net of professionals created , on Saturday morning it will take place a certification ceremony plenty of surprises and time to show all the hard work realized during the week.
It exists a standard indicative daily program base on the goals and aims written before. However, the course can be personalized each week base on participants needs and professional profiles.
Climate cares! attend courses during years 2020 and 2021 in next dates:
SPAIN , ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 11th October to Saturday 17th.
- From Sunday 16th August to Saturday 22nd.
- From Sunday 18th October to Saturday 24th.
UNITED KINGDOM, LONDON:
- From Sunday 25th October to Saturday October 31st.
SPAIN, CANARY ISLANDS (TENERIFE):
- From Sunday 23rd August to Saturday 29th.
ITALY , FIRENZE:
- From Sunday 6th September to Saturday 12th.
- From Sunday 20th September to Saturday 26th.
- From Sunday 4th October to Saturday 10th
- From Sunday 1st November 1st to Saturday 7th.
- From Sunday 17th January to Saturday 23rd.
- From Sunday 14th February to Saturday 20th February.
- From Sunday 18th July to Saturday 24th.
- From Sunday 22nd August to Saturday 28th.
- From Sunday 17th to October to Saturday 23rd.
- From Sunday 14th March to Saturday 20th.
SPAIN , ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 28th March to Saturday 3rd April.
- From Sunday 11th July to Saturday 17th.
- From Sunday 10th October to Saturday 16th.
SPAIN, CANARY ISLANDS (TENERIFE):
- From Sunday 4th April to Saturday 10th.
- From Sunday 18th April to Saturday 24th.
- From Sunday 13th June to Saturday 19th.
- From Sunday 5th September to Saturday 11th.
FRANCE, LA RÉUNION:
- From Sunday 24th October to Saturday 30th.
FRANCE – PARIS:
- From Sunday 31st October to Saturday 6th November.
COST AND ERASMUS FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. You will also receive a certificate of attendance. The cost includes arrival on Sunday and departure on Saturday. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.