COACHING FOR TEACHING
As our society becomes more complex, schools must adapt their methods to prepare students for new challenges in the 21st century. Coaching for teaching refers to a broad range of teaching strategies which engage teachers as active mentors, becoming guides for students since the very first moment. This course will help you prepare for a dynamic, challenging and motivating teaching approach which get your students develop critical thinking thanks to educational coaching. Mentoring the students by fostering their autonomy and responsibility will be one of the main skill that teachers will learn once they have finished the course.
Methodologies to promote a coaching approach for the education are going to be used during the training course. Active methodologies place the students at the center of the educational process and make them the protagonists of discovery, rather than just passive information receivers. Cooperative learning, critical and creative thinking, multiple intelligences, Soft Skills in the classroom will be used to teach how to guide students during the learning process. Moreover, teachers will learn how to design an active methodology in the classroom.
Furthermore, well-being emotional and interpersonal skills is one of the main basics of the course. Mindfulness approach is a must in order to improve the atmosphere in the classroom, solving problems and develop the active listening and communication skills. Complementarily, digital skills will be developed during the course. Teaching your students to use technology at the service of their own learning and to make a responsible and critical use of ICT’s, you will contribute they would become in real digital citizens of 21st century.
Coaching for teaching course is aimed for teachers both primary and secondary level. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English. During the development of the course, we will work in collaboration to do several practical activities that will be very useful to carry out to your schools.
Coaching for teaching course is especially based on practical lessons and presentations of examples of good practice as well as discussions and experience comparisons. The course will have presentations, seminars and workshops to ensure full comprehension and every day assignment support. Participants will learn integrating digital tools in the daily job and they will also have the opportunity to enjoy interactive and cooperative group class. In addition, teachers will discover new way of working at classroom in order to improve the student’s skills. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills once they return to their school with their own students.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking, cultural, sport and historical activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. These activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participant from different courses attended by the company during the same Erasmus week.
In the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, an Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
The course covers all the needs to know the basic ideas of educational coaching in the classroom. In detail, the concrete goals of the course are:
- Introducing into the principles of COACHING for designing more inclusive structures in our classroom.
- Learning to improve methodologies and educational techniques in the teachers’ daily practice.
- Helping to the students to identify and boost their personal potencial.
- Improving the atmosphere in the classroom through the well-being emotional.
- Mentoring the students by fostering their autonomy and responsibility.
- Understanding the advantages of active methodologies to get a more engaged teaching.
- Sharing experiences of international collaboration and projects from different organizations in order to improve the European awareness.
The course’s trainers usually welcome participants on Sunday afternoon and give them all the course material. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time, most likely on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Moreover, on Thursday morning all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to the rest of participants and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even Job Shadowing. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday morning and the delivery of the certificates of attendance. Here have you an illustrative daily course’s programme:
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
DAY 1 – MONDAY. INTRODUCTION TO COACHING.
- Principles of Coaching.
- Advantages of Coaching in the classroom.
- Coaching in Education. ¿Is it necessary?
- How to introduce a coaching approach in the classroom.
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. INDIVIDUALS AND PERSONALS SKILLS. HOW TO BOOST THEM.
- Multiples Intelligences in the Classroom.
- Soft Skills in the Classroom.
- Activities to foster Inclusion.
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. METHODOLOGIES TO PROMOTE AN COACHING APPROACH.
- Principles and advantages of the Active Methodologies.
- PBL and Cooperative Learning.
- Critical and Creative Thinking.
- How to designe an active methodology in the Classroom.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT with all participants from the course.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA2 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural activity: trip to some relevant places of the city with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company just to reinforce networking between all of you.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. WELL-BEING EMOTIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS.
- Introduction to Mindfulness.
- Benefits of Mindfulness in the Classroom.
- Communications and Solving problems skills.
- Activities to improve the atmosphere in the classroom.
- Optional lunch or dinner, it depends of the chosen venue. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. CONCLUSION.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Participants departure.
Coaching for teaching course will attend editions during academic course 2023 and 2024 in the following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 26th March to Saturday 1st April.
- From Sunday 2nd July to Saturday 8th.
- From Sunday 29th October to Saturday 4th November.
ITALY – FIRENZE:
- From Sunday 9th April to Saturday 15th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 23rd April to Saturday 29th.
-From Sunday 20th August to Saturday 26th.
COST AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 560€ and includes course fees, free cultural activities in the city during the week and certification of attendance. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen the relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that covers all the costs of the course.