MATCH IMPROVISATION AS AN
The Improvisation Match was created in 1977 in Quebec (Canada) with the intention of experimenting with new theatrical forms and breaking with the contemplative attitude of the audience, which became a major player in this discipline.
As a show, it consists of two teams that compete with each other in a cooperative way to create the best possible scene (in an improvised way) from a title proposed by the audience. Another important element of the Impro Match is the referee, who acts as master of ceremonies and ensures that the rules of the game are respected, inviting the audience to vote for the winner in each of the "rounds" into which the game is divided.
Through this course we are going to connect some of the most important characteristics of the Improvisation Match with multiple aspects that the teacher (as a communicator) and the student, as the protagonist of the school environment, can develop.
You will learn how to guide the student. In fact, the teacher must experience for himself what are the factors that take part in the communicative act in front of the public. During the course you will deal with cooperation techniques and you will enhance your language possibilities with a high motivation. Therefore, only a B1 level in English is expected from the participants.
Participants will rotate through the week in the different roles that make up a Impro Match. They will be actors, audience and referees, as well as participating in the acting training that allows them to enter this game.
Although the course will include some theoretical parts, the character of the course will be fundamentally practical, as it is intended that the teacher will experience the various phases that his students will be able to live through this intense and fun process.
By the end of the course, the company will give participants a certificate of attendance which includes detailed information about the course, such as title, programme and timetable. In addition, a Europass mobility certificate can be added on request.
Thanks to MATCH IMPRO course teachers will:
1) Improve body expression through the interpretation of different situations and characters.
2) Learn techniques for working in a cooperative way.
3) Learn not to think, based on action-reaction theory.
4) Understand play as a healthy way to escape from judgment, starting from error.
5) Be able to elaborate proposals creatively and also to receive and support them as if they were your own.
6) Understand and control rhythm in communication.
7) Overcome possible blockages that may arise from being in front of an audience.
8) Trust in oneself and one's partner.
9) Acquire different registers and expressive tools.
10) Recognise mistakes as an essential part of learning.
11) Gain greater control of oral expression, learn to articulate and project the voice correctly...through play
This weekly programme is for guidance only. Depending on the needs of the participants and the professional profiles, the course may change. It is a flexible programme.
The course trainers will welcome the participants on Sunday afternoon and all the course material will be handed out. The main training, instruction and practical activities will take place from Monday to Friday. Finally, a course summary and final evaluation will be made on Saturday morning and certificates of attendance will be issued. The standard orientation programme is briefly explained below.
SUNDAY: Presentation of the course and welcome.
MONDAY: Rules of an Improvisation Match (I)
Listening on stage
TUESDAY: Rules of an Improvisation Match (II)
The actor in front of the audience
Overcoming the blockage
Accepting and making proposals: yes to everything
Learning not to think
WEDNESDAY: Styles and categories in an improvisation match
Practice with timer (I)
THURSDAY: Networking day
- Workshops, networking and exchange of good practices with other participants from other courses attending at the same time during the week.
- Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Optional Cultural package: it depends of the city where the course is running, the company will offer an optional package just to encourage networking and to know much more about cultural and historical from the country where you stay.
FRIDAY: Practice with timer. (II)
Impro Match Exhibition
SATURDAY: Final evaluation
Delivery of attendance certificates
MATCH IMPRO sessions:
MATCH IMPROVISATION AS AN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCE will attend courses during 2021 and 2022 in following dates:
FINLAND – HELSINKI:
From Sunday 15th August to Saturday 22nd.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
From Sunday 10th October to Saturday 16th.
FINLAND – ROVANIEMI
From Sunday 5th October to Saturday 11th.
FINLAND – HELSINKI:
From Sunday 14th August to Saturday 20th.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
FINLAND – ROVANIEMI
From Sunday 4th October to Saturday 10th.
COST AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. You will also receive a certificate of attendance. The cost includes arrival on Sunday and departure on Saturday. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.