PROJECT BASED LEARNING (PBL) - WORKING BY PROJECTS
Project based learning (PBL in advance) course is aimed for teachers of all levels. The course provides innovative and engaging tools to integrate a methodology based on projects taking into account the content of the lessons and the curriculum. You will learn the details and processes that will empower you to create PBL experiences in your classroom. This course will introduce you to frameworks and techniques that allow your students to facilitate a learning project based on their passions, all while building cooperative learning and 21st Century skills. You will look at a variety of instructional strategies and technology tools to support PBL in your classroom, and you will learn to assess your students’ progress in their experiences. In addition, you will explore some great project-based learning ideas!
According with the 21st century skills, the course includes a variety of strategies to work on: personal and social responsibility, planning, critical thinking, reasoning, and creativity, strong communication skills, both for interpersonal and presentation needs, cross-cultural understanding, creativity, visualizing and decision making and knowing how and when to use technology and choosing the most appropriate tool for the task. During the development of the course, we will work in collaboration to do several practical activities that will be very useful to carry out to your schools.
The main course task is to develop different practical projects, whereas lectures serve as a source of information and discussion panel to provide the necessary information, methods and tools while teachers develop their own practical project conducting the process activities. The material that is going to be used in the lessons has been improved and adapted to be taught in different languages, environments, educational systems. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English.
PBL methodology will have daily motivation activities, brainstorming, working in pairs and groups, simulations and networking not only in the classroom but also in outdoor activities. The course has been structured on practical, funny and very motivated activities, so that participants can put in action the acquired knowledge.
The methodology will transform every teacher in the guide of his or her students’ projects. In addition, it will provide them with a wide variety of strategies and tools to align their educational curriculum with the projects that their students are interested in. The course will have lectures, seminars and workshops to ensure full comprehension and every day assignment support. In addition, participants will work, create and share a huge amount of documents as course’s material to implement this subject and to have fun with their pupils doing activities indoor and outdoor in classroom.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. In these activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participant from different courses of PMS ERASMUS PLUS.
At the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, program and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
In this course, participants will…
Differentiate how project-based learning differs from other planning and instructional models
Plan strategies to master and meet standards and curricular requirements with the projects
Design projects that reach across disciplines, and understand the benefits of integrating multiple subject areas
Justify the advantages to project based learning outside of the academic benefits
Rewrite lessons to develop a driving question to initiate a project based learning lesson
Put in action motivated activities in class, online or outdoors.
Take into account the students’ interests to create the projects
Make contacts with new partners interested in developing European Projects through specific networking activities.
Connection to practices:
This course provides the following classroom connections…
Tools for designing projects that will engage your students while meeting curricular requirements
Techniques for developing projects based on the academic needs and interests of your students
Combine multiple subjects to create real-world connections
Ways to measure the impact a project has on student understanding and engagement
It exists a standard indicative daily program. However, the course might be personalized each week on participants’ needs and professional profiles.
Generally speaking, managers of the course will receive participants on Sunday evening and give them all course material. During the week it will develop the course with funny lessons and motivated activities to do with students once each participant would be back to your school, paying attention that all participants will have the oportunity to know some new educational systems. Furthermore, participants will be involved in cultural activities during the week with all actors of differents courses attended by the company. Moreover, on Thursday all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to all participants and work al together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy with an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating, gamification, creative, mindfulness and funny activities all together. On Friday, and after once all participants have received all knowledge of the course and to finish a great week, participants could join to an optional lunch or dinner, it depends on the city. Finally, on Saturday morning it will assest the course and will take place a certification ceremony with the deliveration of a video – photo souvenir of the course.
Please find below the standard indicative of the daily program.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. WHAT IS PBL?
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
- Wheel of PBL: motivation activities to work students’ interests, challenging topics, curriculum alignment, PBL activities’ structure, team work, sharing…
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. WHAT ARE OUR KIDS INTERESTED IN?
- Full day will be focused in develop the curiosity of our students to start our projects.
- Motivation: Take our students’ interests into account.
- Creativity: think outside the box
- Cross curricular topics. Teachers’ collaboration
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. LET’S DO PROJECTS!.
- Collaborative learning: group work to start projects
- Create our first project that will be presented at the end of the training.
- Sports or relaxing activity in order to stay together and create a team. Free activity included in course fee.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional Cultural package: it depends of the city where the course is running, PMS ERASMUS PLUS will offer an optional package just to encourage networking and to know much more about cultural and historical from the country where you stay.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. MASTERING PROJECTS.
- Each team will present its project.
- Strength activities
- Exit tickets
- New ideas
- Optional lunch or dinner, it depends of the chosen venue. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. SUM UP.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Participants departure.
PBL will attend courses during 2021 in following dates:
SPAIN - BALEARIC ISLANDS (MALLORCA):
- From Sunday 4th July to Saturday 10th.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 11th July to Saturday 17th.
FRANCE – MARTINIQUE:
- From Sunday 8th August to Saturday 14th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 18th July to Saturday 24th.
- From Sunday 25th July to Saturday 31st.
- From Sunday 22nd August to Saturday 28th.
FINLAND – HELSINKI:
- From Sunday 15th August to Saturday 21st.
FOR 2022 DATES AND PLACES INFORMATION VISIT SCHOOL EDUCATION GATEWAY WEBSITE.
COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. You will also receive a certificate of attendance. The cost includes arrival on Sunday and departure on Saturday. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
PBL training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore, trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.