PROJECT BASED LEARNING (PBL)
Project based learning (PBL in advance) course is aimed for teachers of all levels. The course provides innovative and engaging tools to integrate a methodology based on projects taking into account the content of the lessons and the curriculum. You will learn the details and processes that will empower you to create PBL experiences in your classroom. This course will introduce you to frameworks and techniques that allow your students to facilitate a learning project based on their passions, all while building cooperative learning and 21st Century skills. You will look at a variety of instructional strategies and technology tools to support PBL in your classroom, and you will learn to assess your students’ progress in their experiences. In addition, you will explore some great project-based learning ideas!
According with the 21st century skills, the course includes a variety of strategies to work on: personal and social responsibility, planning, critical thinking, reasoning, and creativity, strong communication skills, both for interpersonal and presentation needs, cross-cultural understanding, creativity, visualizing and decision making and knowing how and when to use technology and choosing the most appropriate tool for the task. During the development of the course, we will work in collaboration to do several practical activities that will be very useful to carry out to your schools.
The main course task is to develop different practical projects, whereas lectures serve as a source of information and discussion panel to provide the necessary information, methods and tools. The material that is going to be used in the lessons has been improved and adapted to be taught in different languages, environments, educational systems. Besides, the training will include cultural activities and networking where the participants will have the chance to experience the country and make partnerships for their future projects with students or for KA2 connections. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English.
PBL methodology will have daily motivation activities, brainstorming, working in pairs and groups, simulations and networking not only in the classroom but also in outdoor activities. The course has been structured on practical, funny and very motivated activities, so that participants can put in action the acquired knowledge.
The methodology will transform every teacher in the guide of his or her students’ projects. In addition, it will provide them with a wide variety of strategies and tools to align their educational curriculum with the projects that their students are interested in. In addition, participants will work, create and share a huge amount of documents as course material to implement this subject and to have fun with their pupils doing activities indoor and outdoor.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best practices and establish professional cooperation and links. In these activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participant from different courses of PMS ERASMUS PLUS.
At the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, program and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
In this course, participants will…
Differentiate how project-based learning differs from other planning and instructional models
Plan strategies to master and meet standards and curricular requirements with the projects
Design projects that reach across disciplines, and understand the benefits of integrating multiple subject areas
Justify the advantages to project based learning outside of the academic benefits
Rewrite lessons to develop a driving question to initiate a project based learning lesson
Put in action motivated activities in class, online or outdoors.
Take into account the students’ interests to create the projects
Make contacts with new partners interested in developing European Projects through specific networking activities.
Connection to practices:
This course provides the following classroom connections…
Tools for designing projects that will engage your students while meeting curricular requirements
Techniques for developing projects based on the academic needs and interests of your students
Combine multiple subjects to create real-world connections
Ways to measure the impact a project has on student understanding and engagement
The manager of the company usually welcomes participants on Sunday afternoon and gives them all the information about courses and Erasmus week. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. Moreover, participants will be able to explain their own school and Erasmus project to the rest of participants in the beginning of the week and, after that, work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even Job Shadowing. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by the company during afternoon time. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Friday or Saturday morning, depending on the participants' departure time, and the delivery of the certificates of attendance. Here you have below the standard indicative daily programme of the course.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. WHAT IS PBL?
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
- Wheel of PBL: motivation activities to work students’ interests, challenging topics, curriculum alignment, PBL activities’ structure, team work, sharing…
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. WHAT ARE OUR KIDS INTERESTED IN?
- Full day will be focused on developing the curiosity of our students to start our projects.
- Motivation: Take our students’ interests into account.
- Creativity: think outside the box
- Cross curricular topics. Teachers’ collaboration
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. LET’S DO PROJECTS!.
- Collaborative learning: group work to start projects
- Create our first project that will be presented at the end of the training.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5 W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional Cultural package: depending on the city where the course takes place, PMS ERASMUS PLUS will offer an optional package just to encourage networking and to know much more about the culture and history from the country where you stay.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. MASTERING PROJECTS.
- Each team will present its project.
- Strength activities
- Exit tickets
- New ideas
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. SUM UP.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing official course certifications.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Participants departure.
PBL course will attend editions during 2023 in the following dates:
SPAIN - ALICANTE
- From Sunday 12th March to Saturday 18th.
- From Sunday 2nd April to Saturday 8th.
- From Sunday 9th July to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 8th October to Saturday 14th.
- From Sunday 29th October to Saturday 4th November.
- From Sunday 26th November to Saturday 2nd December.
ICELAND - REYKJAVÍK
- From Sunday 16nd July to Saturday 22nd.
- From Sunday 20th August to Saturday 26th.
- From Sunday 15th October to Saturday 21st.
SPAIN - ALICANTE
- From Sunday 7th January to Saturday 13th.
- From Sunday 14th January to Saturday 20th.
- From Sunday 17th March to Saturday 23rd.
- From Sunday 24th March to Saturday 30th.
- From Sunday 28th April to Saturday 4th May.
- From Sunday 26th May to Saturday 1st June.
- From Sunday 2nd June to Saturday 8th June.
- From Sunday 30th June to Saturday 6th July.
- From Sunday 6th October to Saturday 12th.
- From Sunday 27th October to Saturday 2nd November.
- From Sunday 3rd November to Saturday 9th.
- From Sunday 24th November to Saturday 30th.
CROATIA - SPLIT
- From Sunday 7th July to Saturday 13th.
ICELAND - REYKJAVÍK
- From Sunday 14th July to Saturday 20th.
- From Sunday 21st July to Saturday 27th.
- From Sunday 18th August to Saturday 24th.
- From Sunday 25th August to Saturday 31st.
- From Sunday 13th October to Saturday 19th.
- From Sunday 20th October to Saturday 26th.
COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 560€ and includes course fees, free cultural activities in the city during the week and certification of attendance. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen the relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that covers all the costs of the course.