PERFECCIONAMIENTO DE LENGUA Y CULTURA ESPAÑOLA PARA PROFESORES DE ESPAÑOL. IMPROVING THE LANGUAGE AND INTRODUCING THE CULTURE AT SCHOOL FOR SPANISH LANGUAGE TEACHERS.
The present course is directed at foreign teachers of Spanish. It has three main objectives: to perfect the knowledge of Spanish as a second language, to improve its practice and to further educate professionals in Spanish culture and civilisation. The course consists of 30 hours organised into three sections which will be arranged according to the linguistic fluency of the teachers, their educational competence and acquired knowledge of modern Spain.
This course itself will develop the cultural competence of the teachers and highlight how to adapt this knowledge for application in the classroom. While, maintaining this objective throughout, there will be excursions to places of great cultural importance in the city to focus on and develop the three central workshops of the course, written expression, poetry and acting such as improvisation and role playing; all part of a practical application for daily use in the classroom.
For practical purposes we consider that attending professionals are familiar with the contents of the course. However, these may be adapted to suit individual needs but remember debate as an educational tool is always at the heart of our program. Nevertheless, we intend to adhere to the following structure in order to provide an advanced dynamic education in the Spanish language.
The first section is centred around the development of linguistic competence. It will consider Spanish a foreign language and resolve the associated problems and issues that arise in translation and communication. This will also be a useful feedback exercise for the instructors in identifying common grammatical problems that participants may have, while at the same time providing opportunity to review and practice using different formats.
The second section is focused on the improvement of educational technique. It will be presented clearly to show participants how to evaluate, create and adapt chosen materials to fulfil educational needs. Concentrating on modern practice including a social humanist approach, we will also look at project work and the formation of cooperative groups in the classroom. This part of the course is dedicated to improving practical methods through the introduction of cultural material in all its variations.
The third and last section develops the sociocultural dialogue between participants and instructors to update knowledge of modern Spain which can be further used to improve didactic technique and intercultural interaction. The more you put in the more you will get out, participation is the key.
The presented methodology and material strategies, as well as their analysis and adaptation, will be highly dynamic and debated between participants before the introduction of said methodology and material to the class. A discussion will be held in general at the beginning of every session to help the students share in the cultural material already used in their classes. For this, cultural aspects such as cinema, literature and music adapted to the classroom will be adapted. In addition, ideas and methodology for the realization and practice in the classroom of writing, poetry and dramatic techniques will be offered through practical workshops. All this always to offer a debate in the classroom and exchange ideas and experiences among the participants.
Considering that the majority of the sessions will take place in Spanish speaking countries with Spanish native teachers, the main objectives of the course are the following:
- To improve fluency.
- To clear up linguistic issues.
- To provide guidance in language selection.
- To analyse ambiguous cases.
- To offer strategies for the adaptation of materials.
- To offer examples of focused materials to maintain the learner’s autonomy.
- To update the sociocultural knowledge of modern Spanish.
- To create a space for debate and intercultural understanding.
- To introduce a playful element in the grammar class.
- To offer opportunity to discuss new ideas to improve the course.
- To present different uses of culture in the classroom.
- To facilitate intercultural relations between the students through the interchange of ideas and materials for the classroom.
- To widen their cultural experience via guided tours.
- To promote reading and creative writing as a tome of language learning.
- To develop theatrical and visual techniques for advancing understanding of Spanish.
DAILY PROGRAMME - CONTENTS
It exists a standard indicative daily programme. However, the course can be personalized each week on participants needs and professional profiles.
The course’s managers usually welcome participants on Sunday evening and give them all the course material. The main activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in networking activities run by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time, most likely on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. In this networking initiatives all the participants of the company courses during the same week will meet and network. Moreover, on Thursday all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to all participants and work al together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy with an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating, gamification, creative, mindfulness and funny activities all together. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday. Diplomas, videos and photo souvenir will be delivered this day.
Some of the topics to develop during the sessions of the course are:
- The secret of Ser and Estar
- Drama techniques for Spanish as a foreign language.
- Spain today and traditions.
- ¿When “fue” o when “iba”?
- Culture: Using Spanish literature in the classroom
- Spanish education system
- Subjunctive: ¿Le dijiste que venía o que viniera?
- Culture: Using Spanish cinema in the classroom
- Spanish women today.
- Pero...además...y...text connectors.
- Culture: Using Spanish music in the classroom
- Culture: Using Spanish cinema in the classroom.
- Young people and their language.
Moreover, some of the activities to run during the sessions of the course can be:
- Two free cultural activities on Monday and on Tuesday: discovering the city and its cultural heritage.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural package: it depends of the city where the course is running, PMS ERASMUS PLUS will offer an optional package just to encourage networking and to know much more about cultural and historical from the country where you stay.
- Optional lunch or dinner, it depends of the chosen venue. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
The course will attend sessions during 2020 and 2021 in following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
From Sunday 12th July to Saturday 18th. CONFIRMED!
From Sunday 11th October to Saturday 17th. CONFIRMED!
SPAIN – GRANADA:
From Sunday 9th August to Saturday 15th.
From Sunday 25th October to Saturday 31st.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
From Sunday 19th July to Saturday 25th.
SPAIN – MADRID:
From Sunday 13th September to Saturday 19th.
MARTINIQUE – FORT-DE-FRANCE:
From Sunday 17th January to Saturday 23rd.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
From Sunday 24th January to Saturday 30th.
From Sunday 11th July to Saturday 17th.
From Sunday 10th October to Saturday 16th.
SPAIN – GRANADA:
From Sunday 7th March to Saturday 13th.
From Sunday 3rd October to Saturday 9th.
SPAIN – CANARY ISLANDS (TENERIFE):
From Sunday 28th March to Saturday 3rd April
From Sunday 14th November to Saturday 20th.
SPAIN – BARCELONA:
From Sunday 18th April to Saturday 24th.
From Sunday 19th September to Saturday 25th.
PORTUGAL – LISBOA:
From Sunday 13th June to Saturday 19th.
SPAIN - BALEARIC ISLANDS (MALLORCA):
From Sunday 4th July to Saturday 10th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
From Sunday 22nd August to Saturday 28th.
From Sunday 17th October to Saturday 23rd.
ITALY – FIRENZE:
From Sunday 5th September to Saturday 11th.
COSTS AND ERASMUS FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. You will also receive a certificate of attendance. The cost includes arrival on Sunday and departure on Saturday. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.