VIDEO MAKING IN EDUCATION: DIGITAL WORKSHOP I
‘VIDEO-MAKING IN EDUCATION: DIGITAL WORKSHOP I’ (VIDEO-MAKING) course is aimed for teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
We are going to learn to express ourselves through the creation of video and we will do it to make our classes and our own projects more enriched with all the possibilities that audiovisuals offer us. From the first moment we will use our mobile phones or cameras to express with quality what we want to transmit. We will also learn very simple but visually very attractive techniques such as Time Lapse or the synchronization of several cameras that will help us to make our videos look like professionals.
The course will end with the making of a video about our trip in which we will add transitions, effects, color editing, titles, music, voice-over and photographs and it will be screened as if we were at a great movie premiere.
Let's get Spielberg out of you!
VIDEO-MAKING course is based on practical lessons and presentations of examples of good practice as well as discussions and experience comparisons. The course will have lectures and seminars but focusing on workshops and collaborative work to ensure full comprehension and every day training support. Every day will add new information about the process to make a film and will create new links to strengthen future common projects: teachers will go from an idea to a video created by them in a cooperative way. In addition, teachers will always have time to assess the information and the student’s job and redefine the contents and ways of working in order to improve the student’s skills. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills once they return to their school with their own students. Moreover, participants will also have the opportunity to enjoy interactive and collaborative group classes.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking, cultural, sport and historical activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. These activities are a very good example of how to organise activities in a possible common future KA2 project. In these activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participants from different courses attended by the company.
In the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
VIDEO-MAKING course offers the chance to create from an idea a real film during the training week. The contents of the course are:
Create a script from an idea.
How to transform an idea into a video that conveys what we want to communicate.
Photography basics and types of cinematographic shots
Quality video shooting and sound recording using mobile phone, video camera or DSLR.
Synchronized video shooting and editing with two or more cameras.
Creative techniques: Creation of Time Lapse and Chroma Key (green screen)
Video editing with Adobe Premiere.
Overprinting titles or credits on our videos.
Video files, types of formats and uses of each.
Share videos on the Internet for public or private use.
Introduction to YouTube and the audiovisual language of YouTube and Social Media.
Moreover, the concrete goals of the course are:
Learn how to shoot video, edit and publish or share quality videos with mobile phone, video-camera or photographic camera with video recording.
Develop the creativity of the teacher and the students to be able to do audiovisual activities in the classroom.
Know how to express feelings, stories or disclosure through video.
Know and promote audiovisual language.
Use video as a tool for disclosure and keep attention in the classroom.
This video making course for teachers will be divided into theoretical classes but specially practical classes with our mobile devices or cameras and computers. Here you have below the daily planning information:
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. BASICS.
- Brief presentation of the course, participants and its target. Explanation of the final project.
- Script creation, how to turn an idea into a script.
- Photography basics and types of cinematographic shots.
- Tips to take quality shots on mobile devices and cameras. Sound recording basics.
- Cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit the city in a guided tour included in course fees.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. CREATIVE TIME.
- Creative Techniques: Shooting with 2 or more cameras and its synchronization.
- Creative Techniques: Time Lapse and Chroma Key
- Video editing basics with Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit the best museum of the city. This guide visit is also included in course fees.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. REINFORCEMENT.
- Audiovisual reinforcement with overlays of texts, photographs and voice-overs.
- Video files, types of formats and uses of each.
- Introduction to YouTube and the audiovisual language of YouTube and Social Media.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural activity: trip to some relevant places of the city with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company just to reinforce networking between all of you.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. PRACTICAL DAY.
- Discussing group ideas proposed by groups to create a film. Brainstorming and team building.
- Video editing and resolution of doubts.
- Dissemination and presentation of the results.
- Time to finish the final project and how to face it with success.
- Optional lunch in the city. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. CONCLUSION.
- Course evaluation.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Participants departure.
VIDEO-MAKING will attend courses during 2021and 2022 in following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
From Sunday 11th July to Saturday 17th.
From Sunday 10th October to Saturday 16th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
From Sunday 18th July to Saturday 24th.
From Sunday 17th October to Saturday 23rd.
PORTUGAL – LISBOA:
From Sunday 3rd October to Saturday 9th.
FRANCE – PARIS:
From Sunday 31st October to Saturday 6th November.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 20th February to Saturday 26th.
- From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 11th December to Saturday 17th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
From Sunday 13th February to Saturday 19th.
From Sunday 17th July to Saturday 23rd.
From Sunday 21st August to Saturday 27th.
From Sunday 16th October to Saturday 22nd.
FINLAND – HELSINKI:
From Sunday 27th February to Saturday 5th March.
PORTUGAL – LISBOA:
From Sunday 2nd October to Saturday 8th.
FRANCE – PARIS:
From Sunday 30th October to Saturday 5th November.
COST AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen the relationship between all participants.
VIDEO-MAKING training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that covers all the costs of the course.