CULTURE AND HERITAGE COURSE IN ITALY CONNECTED WITH THE LOCAL LIFESTYLE.
Thanks to the CULTURE AND HERITAGE course you will learn how to preserve and disseminate the local heritage that all of us have in our cities. Italy will show you traditions and culture relevant places so you can prepare the same taking in account your teaching background and your own knowledge of your country. During the week students will discover the essentials of the Italian heritage and, finally, tiramisu!
The course takes place in Florence, Tuscany over a week and will be held in English. It will be based on practical lessons and trips to discover local heritage based on different fields of education. The course will have amazing visits, stunning sightseeing, lectures and workshops to ensure full comprehension of the final task. During the week participants will discover essential information about the Italian Culture, its history and impact on a global scale, its gastronomy, its people and language related on the territory of Florence and Tuscany. Finally, teachers will plan their own Culture & heritage programme using a Canva where they will summarise the course and establish parallelisms and similarities with the heritage of their own communities. This is the way to learn how to preserve and disseminate the local heritage that all of us have in our cities.
Teachers will have the chance to assess the Italian way of creatively always find its own position around the world and see the positive sides of life. They will have to trace a guideline to do with their own students once they have returned to their countries. By the end of the course, participants should know how to make the best of what they have and face life with the Italian will and sense of humor. Teachers will acquire concrete skills on how to design a plan to conserve local culture and work with their own students. Furthermore, trainers will make extensive use of evidence-based examples and experiences.
Our experienced trainer will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organise networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. These activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participants from different courses attended by the company. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills to create and manage a proposal with real success.
In the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
CULTURE AND HERITAGE IN ITALY course covers all the needs of the project cycle to preserve local culture. As a teacher, you will have to adapt the Italian experience to your personal situation and your own reality in order to create a successful plan. The plan will start developing the idea, finding the right partners, designing a successful project, assessing during all the process –not only at the end– to manage properly and reporting it. In detail, the concrete goals of the course are:
- To improve the knowledge about how to create preservation projects in order to foster European integration based on local culture.
- To empower and to train teachers, education staff and those interested in preserving local Heritage.
- To know a great experience based on heritage and culture and be able to transfer the good practices in a satisfactory way to their own school centers.
- To strengthen European collaboration and real networking among participants in the course.
- To share experiences of local collaboration and national projects from different organizations in order to be more effective in our proposal.
Thanks to this course the participants will:
- Improve their practical skills related to the preservation of local heritage.
- Meet very interesting teachers and acquire great knowledge about other local cultures.
- Learn how they should work with students, families and local administration in order to create a common objective.
- Make contacts with new partners interested in developing Local European Preservation Projects.
By the end of the course, each participant should be able to:
- Pass from the idea of the local action to write a proposal in order to do it.
- Embrace the concept of working together and following simple guidelines.
- Motivate their students in nature and culture preservation
- Think globally and act locally.
The manager of the company usually welcomes participants on Sunday afternoon and gives them all the information about courses and Erasmus week. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. Moreover, participants will be able to explain their own school and Erasmus project to the rest of participants in the beginning of the week and, after that, work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even Job Shadowing. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by the company during afternoon time. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Friday or Saturday morning, depending on the participants' departure time, and the delivery of the certificates of attendance.
Please find below the standard indicative daily programme.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Round up presentation and networking between all participants.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. INTRODUCTION TO SCHOOLS AND FLORENCE
- School presentations: Presentation of your own school and your Erasmus project.
- Useful tips to face Italians and the Italian Culture.
- Connecting essentials: guided visit to the city.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. FULL EDUCATIONAL AND CULTURAL DAY OUT. MEDIEVAL CITIES AND VILLAGES- MONTERIGGIONI- SAN GIMIGNANO- SIENA
- Drive to Monteriggioni and San Gemignano, and plunge into an almost intact medieval atmosphere.
- Climb up a tower house and taste one of the most awarded Gelato.
- Visit Siena, city of the first Bank of the world, the Palio in the spectacular Piazza del Campo.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. INDOOR-OUTDOOR CULTURE DAY
- The Medici and their power and influence throughout Europe.
- Dante, Petrarca and Boccaccio and their influence in Florence.
- Visit Palazzo Vecchio - Home of the Medici. Visit the Dome, where Giuliano dei Medici was killed.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. ITALIAN GASTRONOMY
- Florence in the past and nowadays.
- The Kingdom of Italy, its kings and Queens and the origin of Pizza.
- Get involved in Italian Gastronomy and prepare your own Tiramisu.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. CREATE YOUR OWN CULTURE & HERITAGE PROGRAMME.
- How Italian culture can influence teachers’ life - the school system.
- Time to plan your own Culture & heritage programme in teamwork. Dissemination and presentation of the plans: each team will present their own project.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing official course certifications.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY.
- Cultural activity: Boboli garden and the Uffizi.
- Alternative tours.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing official course certifications.
- Participants departure.
CULTURE AND HERITAGE IN ITALY course will attend sessions during 2024 and 2025 in following dates:
ITALY – FIRENZE:
From Sunday 6th October to Saturday 12th.
From Sunday13th October to Saturday 19th.
From Sunday 20th October to Saturday 26th.
ITALY – FIRENZE:
From Sunday 13th April to Saturday 19th.
From Sunday 20th April to Saturday 26th.
From Sunday 6th July to Saturday 12th.
From Sunday 13th July to Saturday 19th.
From Sunday 20th July to Saturday 26th.
From Sunday 10th August to Saturday 16th.
From Sunday 17th August to Saturday 23rd.
From Sunday 5th October to Saturday 11th.
From Sunday 12th October to Saturday 18th.
From Sunday 19th October to Saturday 25th.
From Sunday 26th October to Saturday 1st November.
COST AND ERASMUS FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 640€ and includes course fees, free cultural activities in the city during the week and certification of attendance. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen the relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that covers all the costs of the course.