INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES (ICT's), WEB APPLICATION, SOCIAL NETWORKS & ONLINE TOOLS FOR A NEW EDUCATION
ICT’s course is aimed for teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
One of the strengths of the course lies in the presentation and use indeed of the iPad and other devices and a great range of educational apps to use in the classroom. Moreover, the course will focus on THE USE AND LEARNING OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES in the classroom, with special focus on the use of tablets as iPads or similar ones and discovering new apps but the achieve of all new knowledge as well. One of the goals of the course is to enable participants to introduce news technology (ICT) in classroom and apply the acquired skills to make knowledge accessible. We could do that in different ways such as by discovering and creating digital resources for teaching and learning. Students will work with modern technology to explore image and sound editing, the making of interactive presentations, the creation of online and offline games activities, etc. All these activities and tools will help a lot of subjects such as mathematics, science, languages, etc., so interdisciplinary will be used as part as the digital resources.
ICT’s course is based on theoretical and especially on practical lessons and presentations of examples of good practice as well as discussions and experience comparisons. The course will have lectures, seminars and workshops to ensure full comprehension and every day assingnment support. Every day will add new information about new devices, apps, programs, etc., and will create new links to strenghten future common projects. Moreover, participants will also have the opportunity to enjoy interactive and collaborative group class. In addition, teachers will always have time to asess the information and the student’s job and redefine the contents and ways of working in order to improve the student’s skills.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking, cultural, sport and historical activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. These activities are a very good example of how to organise activities in a possible common future KA2 project. In these activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participant from differents courses attended by the company. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills once they return to their school with their own students.
In the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
ICT’s course covers all the needs to know the basic ideas of using technology in the class. In detail, the concrete goals of the course are:
To learn to use a great range of new tools and devices.
To provide teachers to improve their practical skills related to the management of the idea and application process of the new technologies
To assess and manage properly different digital tools to apply interdisciplinary through the curriculum.
To help teachers to design and implement motivating activities for their students by using ICT within a new framework of critical principles.
To know other Educational System and be able to transfer the good practices in a satisfactory way to their own school centers.
To strengthen European collaboration among –past, present and future– participants in the course.
To share experiences of international collaboration and projects from different organizations in order to improve the european awareness.
To give the opportunity for students of the participants to travel around Europe in future years thanks to their successful KA2 projects created this week.
To improve English fluency –official language of the course–.
It exists a standard indicative daily programme. However, the course can be personalized each week on participants needs and professional profiles.
The course’s managers usually welcome participants on Sunday evening and give them all the course material. The main activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in networking activities run by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time, most likely on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. In this networking initiatives all the participants of the company courses during the same week will meet and network. Moreover, on Thursday all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to all participants and work al together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy with an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating, gamification, creative, mindfulness and funny activities all together. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday. Diplomas, videos and photo souvenir will be delivered this day.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. SOCIAL NETWORKS AND DEVICES.
- Brief presentation of the course, participants and its target. Explanation of the final project.
- Knowing two important devices to presentations: Google Chrome and Apple TV.
- How to create a Blog. Working on the design, how to elaborate and organize the contents and management.
- Working in groups to practice about how to use the new devices.
- Cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit the city in a guided tour included in course fees.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. DISCOVERING IPADs AND APPs.
- Working with tablets and iPads (1).
- Exhibition of a wide range of apps, to prepare contents in the classroom.
- Be a director!!! Discovering video apps: iMovie, stop motion, audacity, etc
- Cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit the best museum of the city. This guide visit is also included in course fees.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. WORKING HARD.
- Working with tablets and iPads (2).
- Explore another kind of apps, from presentation to mathematical apps.
- The use of apps to gammificate the classroom.
- Discussing group ideas proposed by groups to create different games. Brainstorming and team building.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural activity: trip to some relevant places of the city with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company just to reinforce networking between all of you.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. PRACTICAL DAY.
- Create amazing questionaries with google form. Tricks and key words to create successful forms.
- Let's practice!! Cooperative working in groups making and applying different forms.
- Dissemination and presentation of google form results.
- Time to finish the final project, and how to face it with success.
- Optional lunch in the city. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. CONCLUSION.
- Course evaluation.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Participants departure.
ICT’s course will attend editions during 2022 and 2023 in the following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 20th February to Saturday 26th.
- From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 30th October to Saturday 5th November.
- From Sunday 11th December to Saturday 17th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 17th July to Saturday 23rd. FULLY BOOKED!
- From Sunday 24th July to Saturday 30th.
- From Sunday 21st August to Saturday 27th. FULLY BOOKED!
- From Sunday 16th October to Saturday 22nd. CONFIRMED!
IRELAND - DUBLIN:
- From Sunday 23rd October to Saturday 29th.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 2nd April to Saturday 8th.
- From Sunday 9th July to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 8th October to Saturday 14th.
- From Sunday 29th October to Saturday 4th November.
FRANCE – MARTINIQUE:
- From Sunday 9th April to Saturday 15th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 16th July to Saturday 22nd. CONFIRMED!
- From Sunday 23rd July to Saturday 29th.
- From Sunday 20th August to Saturday 26th. CONFIRMED!
- From Sunday 15th October to Saturday 21st.
FRANCE – TAHITI:
- From Sunday 13th August to Saturday 19th.
IRELAND - DUBLIN:
- From Sunday 22nd October to Saturday 28th.
COST AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 560€ and includes course fees, free cultural activities in the city during the week and certification of attendance. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen the relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that covers all the costs of the course.