SOFT SKILLS AND CREATIVITY FOR INCLUSION
SOFT SKILLS AND CREATIVITY FOR INCLUSION course is an effective way in the process of delivering and enhancing soft skills in both teachers and students. Teachers need to have a strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to resolve conflicts, display a positive attitude and promote WELL-BEING as important PERSONALITY traits and career attributes in the workplace. The course will help develop the SOFT SKILLS and CREATIVITY of all students, supporting them in combating bullying and giving them great confidence to achieve success in ENTREPRENEURSHIP and thus in the job market. Furthermore, it will favour the development of personality traits and the social and communicative skills necessary for success in the job as a teacher or in the learning process as a student.
Creativity applied in the classroom, on the other hand, will help students to provide them with a support to fight academic underachievement, SCHOOL LEAVE, improve success in ENTREPRENEURSHIP and thus in the labour market. Moreover, creativity methodologies will provide schools with a new alternative methodology and more INNOVATION in the educational process, often not developed through the traditional educational system.
All this by means of:
- Development of teamwork and cooperation: The course offers participants the opportunity to carry out a group project and to represent their ideas orally, graphically and visually. It is a great opportunity for them to improve their language and communication skills.
- Increased confidence: The development of Soft Skills increases self-confidence and self-esteem. In addition, each person will learn about the risks of everyday life and how to deal with them.
- Development of artistic skills: The ability to communicate will increase considerably. Expressing oneself through crafts, actions, gestures, expressions and words will become easier and easier.
-Learning through a methodology based on soft skills and emotional intelligence enhances memory and improvisation skills. In addition, students will develop presentation and persuasion skills when they have to speak in public and perform under pressure, something really complicated nowadays for many young people and adults.
- Need for a more diverse educational background: It is no secret that the labour market is constantly evolving. Today's students will have very different jobs from those of their parents. Therefore, the tools provided by the course, such as organisation and time management, leadership and multitasking techniques, can help both teachers and children to manage their own feelings and the changing world, and to be able to respond creatively when required to do so.
SOFT SKILLS AND CREATIVITY FOR INCLUSION course is aimed at education professionals who will be teaching emotional skills in the classroom. It is particularly suitable for teachers working with students with special educational needs, at risk of social exclusion, bullying and early school leaving at pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational training and adult literacy levels. These techniques are also effective in preventing school drop-out. The course will be taught in English by non-native speakers. The course focuses on the dynamics of creativity and the practical contents of the Soft Skills. Therefore, only a B1 level of English is expected from the participants.
The course is completely practical although it has its theoretical basis to create and understand educational techniques and dynamics in relation to soft skills. Participants will perform body and art-craft activities, creative games, experience educational techniques and plan and teach their own lessons. At the end of the course, participants will work on an individual action plan that details how they will introduce the new techniques learned in their practices so as to promote the essential soft skills and creative abilities required at school and daily life.
Our experienced trainer will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. These activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participants from different courses attended by the company. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills to create and manage a proposal with real success.
At the end of the course, there is an evaluation where participants can assess the course. The course will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
Thanks to SOFT SKILLS & CREATIVITY course students will get, through teachers:
- Develop soft skills through creative techniques also applicable at work and in the classroom.
- Understand the effect of soft skills for social, emotional, physical, cognitive and moral development.
- Develop improvisation as a tool for problem solving.
- Encourage the team to work.
- Show innovative and creative techniques as effective tool for the teaching process and personal development tools for ourselves and our students.
- Use emotional intelligence as a tool to involve, motivate and support students, develop soft skills within the teacher and transfer them to the students and school community as well.
It exists a standard indicative daily program. However, the course might be personalized each week on participants’ needs and professional profiles.
Some of the topics to develop during the sessions of the course are:
• Emotional Intelligence as a teaching tool to cultivate soft skills.
• Get to know each other through emotional intelligence games.
• Team Building through educational games.
• Introduction to creative activities.
• Effective communication through Soft Skills
• Emotional Intelligence as a tool for social inclusion.
• Soft Skills in education.
• My body can also communicate.
• Improvisation and creativity techniques.
Moreover, some of the activities to run during the sessions of the course can be:
- Cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural package: it depends of the city where the course is running, PMS ERASMUS PLUS will offer an optional package just to encourage networking and to know much more about cultural and historical from the country where you stay.
SOFT SKILLS & CREATIVITY sessions:
SOFT SKILLS course will attend editions during 2022 & 2023 in the following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th. CONFIRMED!
From Sunday 2nd October to Saturday 8th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
From Sunday 24th July to Saturday 30th.
From Sunday 21st August to Saturday 27th. CONFIRMED!
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
From Sunday 2nd April to Saturday 8th.
From Sunday 1st October to Saturday 7th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
From Sunday 23rd July to Saturday 29th.
From Sunday 21st August to Saturday 27th.
COST AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 560€ and includes course fees, free cultural activities in the city during the week and certification of attendance. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen the relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that covers all the costs of the course.